Calma is an innovative feeding solution created for breastfed babies. It is designed to not interfere with breastfeeding, to let your baby feed the way they learned at the breast.
The Medela Calma is designed exclusively as an option for breastfeeding mums wishing to feed their babies with expressed breast milk. It was developed in cooperation with breastfeeding experts from the Hartmann Human Lactation Research Group at the University of Western Australia. Calma allows your baby to suck, swallow and breathe in a natural way:
- your baby can drink, pause and breathe in a natural rhythm, remaining calm and settled
- your baby needs to create a vacuum to start the milk flow
- your baby can maintain their natural sucking behaviour
Calma’s flow, shape and length are designed to suit your baby’s needs as your baby grows.
Calma teats help the baby to avoid swallowing air during the feed, as they are regulated by a unique venting system.
Made in Switzerland, from BPA-free materials.
- One size and shape fits all
- Safe drinking – the baby does not swallow air during the feed
- BPA free and Swiss made – safe for you and your baby